Hello. We are Michelle Le Blanc and Colin Odell (aka Colin and Mitch) and we welcome you to our website. Here you will find shameless plugs for our tomes and for other books that we have contributed to. There are also reviews that have been published elsewhere over the past quarter of a century or more for you to peruse at your leisure.
Out soon the latest edition of:
You an get your copy early from here:
We have other books and the like for you to peruse or even, if you consider, purchase, some of which are necessarily too old to implement that particular instigation unless you happen upon it in a swap meet/charity shop or throw-away environment or situation.
Books By Colin & Mitch
- Kamera John CarpenterTension. Fear. Exhilaration. Atmospheric synthesizers. You’re in John Carpenter territory. One of the most iconic directors of … Continue reading
- Science Fiction World – Horror Box Office HitsFree on the cover of the short lived Science Fiction World. Horror Box Office Hits covers the … Continue reading
- Kamera Horror FilmsA ghostly figure at the window. The smash of glass. The glint of light on the edge … Continue reading
- Kamera David LynchInternationally renowned, David Lynch is America’s premier purveyor of the surreal, an artist whose work in cinema … Continue reading
- Kamera AnimeJapanese animation, or anime, is a cultural phenomenon that has fundamentally altered the way that we view … Continue reading
- Studio Ghibli: The Films of Hayao Miyazaki and Isao TakahataNow in its Fourth Edition! The animations of Japan’s Studio Ghibli are amongst the most respected in … Continue reading
- Pocket Essential Horror Films
- Pocket Essential Jackie ChanMost people associate Jackie Chan with the smash hit films Rush Hour and Rumble in the Bronx, but there is … Continue reading
- Pocket Essential Tim BurtonTim Burton is a contradiction – a film-maker who has a unique style and yet remains grounded … Continue reading
- Pocket Essential Vampire FilmsVampire movies are almost as old as film itself. Constantly remade and reinvented for each new generation, … Continue reading
- BFI AkiraSuccessful in both Japan and the West, Akira had a huge impact on the international growth in popularity of … Continue reading
- Pocket Essential David LynchOur first book from nearly two decades ago ( and recently seen on amazon for £0.01 bargain … Continue reading
- Pocket Essential John CarpenterOf all the directors in commercial American film-making, John Carpenter’s films such as Halloween, The Thing, Escape From New … Continue reading
Books With Colin & Mitch
- Taschen The Star Wars ArchivesMade in close collaboration with George Lucas and Lucasfilm, this second volume covers the making of the prequel trilogy: Episode I The Phantom Menace, Episode II Attack of the Clones, and Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The XXL tome … Continue reading
- Science Fiction World: Fantasy Box-Office HitsFree on the cover of the sadly short lived Science Fiction World with a lot of reviews by us inside.
- Pocket Essential Hong Kong’s Heroic BloodshedPocket Essential Hong Kong’s Heroic Bloodshed. We contributed a number of entries to this tome.
- Alternative EuropeThis second title in the AlterImage series that investigates previously under-explored areas of popular and cult cinema (Underground U.S.A. being the first volume) features over 20 essays from an eclectic range of writers uncovering the cult … Continue reading
- The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy: Themes, Works, and WondersThe Greenwood Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy [3 volumes]: Themes, Works, and Wonders. The combined effort of some 150 expert contributors-including Richard Bleiler, John Clute, Ian Nichols, and Darrell Schweitzer-this encyclopedia discusses pervasive themes in … Continue reading
- International Film Guide 2009The 2009 edition also includes a special focus on the 2004 expansion of the European Union and the development of cinema in the Union’s ten new member countries: Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, … Continue reading
- The International Film Guide 2010The International Film Guide 2010 will interest industry veterans, filmmakers, cinema enthusiasts, and the casual theatergoer. It summarizes all the major festivals and film markets, and in addition to popular core features, the 2010 edition includes … Continue reading
- Taschen Chaplin ArchivesYou will not come across a more essential cinematic coffee table tome than this, gorgeously illustrated throughout, it’s a work of looking and reading. Our chapters cover on three of his wonderful classic feature films The … Continue reading
- Taschen Bond Archives“Bond, James Bond.” Since Sean Connery uttered those immortal words in 1962, the most dashing secret agent in the history of cinema has been charming and thrilling audiences worldwide. This impeccably British character created by author … Continue reading