Reviews of books for the now long gone Bookmunch site.
- Film Books You Can’t Live WithoutThe Cinema Book ed Pam Cook The world of academic film theory can be a daunting one for those more used to “Making of” books, a matter not aided by the wealth of material … Continue reading
- Antonioni and Film NoirTaschen 2003 , 192 pages , £9.99 , PBs Bitesize: Two more releases from the new Taschen series of film books, handsomely produced and reasonably priced. Film Noir by Alain Silver & James Ursini … Continue reading
- Motion Picture Purgatory – Rick TremblesFAB Press 2004 , 192 pages , £9.99 , PB Canadian caustic cartoon cinema criticism collection. Film reviews generally fall into one of two categories – those that have a picture of the film … Continue reading
- Behind the Mask of the Horror Actor – Doug BradleyTitan Books 2004 , 288 pages , £10.99 , PB Bitesize: An illustrated guide to the faces behind the monsters’ masks and the people who made them. Doug Bradley has a face you’ll recognise … Continue reading
- The Art of Destruction: The Films of the Vienna Action Group – Stephen BarberCreation Books 2004 , 160 pages , £11.99 Bitesize: Shock theatrics on film – wallow in the degrading art of the Vienna Action Group. So, you think you’re pretty rock ‘n’ roll do you? … Continue reading